Improving the Appearance & Value of Your Home
Do you have damaged siding and trims on your home? Rely on Good Life Construction for professional siding repair and installation in Sacramento. Whether the exterior of your home is rotting or just weathered, it is important to perform the needed maintenance to prolong the life and efficiency for your home. We are here to service and maintain the structural integrity of your siding and in parallel we are also improving energy efficiency, shear strength, and the cosmetic appeal of your house.
Good Life Construction of North Highlands specializes in the repair and installation of vinyl siding, aluminum siding, stone siding, wood siding, Hardie siding, and fiberglass siding, utilizing high-quality materials and ensuring professional craftsmanship. During any repair or replacement process, we ensure proper weather-proofing measures, installation of new building paper, new flashing for all windows, and high-grade sealant or caulk for new siding. A contractor that will take the time and effort to protect your home and investment, is the right one for the job. We promise and choose to be that construction company with every client and on every project.
Siding is an essential component of defending your home against the elements. However, if your siding becomes damaged, it will not be able to perform its vital role. When confronted with the evidence that your siding has incurred some type of damage, don’t hesitate to call our experts for professional siding services.
Common signs that point toward your need of siding repair or replacement include:
- Cracks and gaps
- Peeling paint on interior walls
- Bulging or warped siding
- Discoloration, streaks, or stains
- Drafts near walls and windows
- Moisture and mold inside your home
When you work with our experienced technicians, you’ll be provided with an accurate diagnosis of your siding’s condition and honest advice about how to proceed. Whether you need a quick spot-repair or a complete siding replacement, we’ll ensure the job is done right the first time.
Installing siding on your own is possible, but is a tricky, time-consuming, and laborious task. Just like all other home-related installations, you need the right kind of equipment and the needed technical know-how to install siding on your house:
- Leave adequate space between your siding planks: One of the first and most important things to consider is that naturally, siding tends to expand to a certain extent over a certain period of time. These expansions are usually caused by changes in temperature, different weather conditions and if adequate space is not provided when installing, the siding will either expand or contract beyond its limit and could cause serious deformation, splitting, or warping.
- Ensure proper flashing: Flashing plays an important role in the prevention of moisture penetration at the walls, windows, doors, and roof. Many homeowners and cheap contractors do not take much care when installing building paper, window flashing, roof flashing, and door flashing. They often assume that the new siding will protect the house entirely, which is simply untrue. To some degree, moisture and water penetrate beyond the siding very often and proper flashing and weatherproofing are crucial to the protection of your home.
- Properly nail the siding to ensure structural integrity: Nailing siding is not difficult but also very important for the structural integrity of your home. Typically, siding is the only shear strength of your house walls and if the nailing is insufficient or faulty then there may be a compromise to your walls. Make sure to always nail into studs and blocks with proper spacing utilizing galvanized nails. If non-galvanized nails are used in exterior repairs then there is a high chance for corrosion due to rust. This could also lead to the eventual compromise of your siding and home.
- Properly seal your siding: The only way to ensure that your work will last for a very long time is to caulk, seal, and paint your siding installation or repairs. Always prime your siding prior to installation as a base coat sealant. After nailing on your siding and trims, make sure to caulk and fill all nail holes, trim voids, and siding joints. Apply sealant around windows and doors especially to prevent water intrusion behind the trim and siding panels. If the siding has raw ends fill and seal the raw wood with caulk and paint, even if it is covered by trim eventually. Raw wood is extremely vulnerable to moisture and sealing it will save you in the long run. Finally, be generous when painting your siding project. Multiple coats of paint create a strong and elastic protective coat that will preserve your siding for many years.
- Choose the right type of siding: Knowing which siding is best for you is always helpful in the replacement and/or repair process. It is important to know the differences between real wood siding, fiber cement, composite, or aluminum siding. It is very common for us to see houses with previous repairs and multiple types of siding materials used in one common area. You can always consult with a contractor or go to your local hardware store for advice on siding replacement siding identification.
It is in your hands to improve and protect your home. Call us today to receive an estimate and project consultation for siding repair and installation in Sacramento. Every inspection visit includes a detailed estimate outlining all necessary repair descriptions and associated costs. We are glad to perform a follow-up visit to walk through every item and answer questions before scheduling work. Even if you choose another contractor, we are still happy to provide our knowledge and expertise. We understand that everyone has a budget and, therefore, we aim to be flexible in job cost to provide you with an uncompromised result and satisfaction.
If you would like to evaluate the condition of your home or inquire about complete siding and trim replacement, call Good Life Construction today at (916) 884-6132.
Efficient Turn Around Times
Not only can we handle any construction project, we will get it done quickly and completely! We won't leave until it's complete!
Clear and Effective Communication
One of our primary goals is to keep the line of communication open. You'll never have to wonder what is happening with your project.
Over 96 Years of Experience
Our team has seen and done it all! We have experience in every aspect of the construction business.
Craftsmen With Strong Moral Character
You will never encounter a rough bunch when it comes to our team. Our team doesn't curse or smoke. Instead, you'll catch our team singing and whistling as they work. We only hire the BEST craftsmen.
All Crews Are In-House
Our team is entirely trained and managed by us. We don't use subcontractors which means there are no lapses in work while we wait. We control the entire process including timeline, costs, and quality.
Competitive Pricing For Quality Work
We offer premier service at affordable prices. Our team prides itself on delivering the highest quality at reasonable prices anyone can afford.