construction projects completed every month
years of combined experience
5-star customer reviews
With over 90 years of collective experience, our El Dorado Hills construction team is here and happy to help you handle a wide variety of construction projects. Customers trust us because of our competitive and fair rates, dedication to excellence, impressive track record, and craftsmanship. So, you can rest assured that our team will get the job done right.
Whether you need help with dry rot repair, deck, patio, or awning installation, or a new construction project, our skilled craftsmen will take the time to listen to your concerns and vision, personalizing our services to meet your needs.
Get help from professionals you can count on! Request a free estimate or schedule a service by calling (916) 884-6132 or contacting us online today.
Our El Dorado Hills Construction Services
Good Life Construction craftsmen are equipped to tackle various construction projects such as:
- Dry/wood rot repair
- Commercial construction and repairs
- Deck installation and repair
- Window repair and installation
- House painting
- New home construction
- Siding repair and installation
- Stucco and masonry repair
- Fire damage reconstruction and restoration
- Termite damage repair
- Patio and awning installation and repair
How to Prevent Wood Rot
Wood (or dry) rot is caused by fungi that consume wood, leading to a lot of decay and damage to your home if left untreated.
Wood rot typically occurs in damp areas and is commonly found in or around:
- Windows. If there is a small gap in your windowsills, rainwater may seep through and penetrate the structural wood behind the wall below the window. As the wood is not exposed to sunlight or air, it could remain damp, which is the optimal condition for mold growth. Older windows can also allow water to pool or seep through to the wood below.
- Exterior doors. Gaps or cracks between a door and the siding or floor can allow water to dampen and damage floors or other wooden surfaces. You may not notice wood rot around your door unless you attempt to replace an older frame.
- Outdoor decks. The decking boards or stairs on an outdoor deck can develop wood rot if the boards are not treated and/or water-resistant. However, it is important to note that even water-resistant decks can develop rot over time as nothing remains 100% water-resistant.
- Basements. Basements are often humid and damp spaces because of poor insulation or damaged foundation due to standing water and leaks. Wood rot in a basement can affect your home’s structural integrity and go unnoticed for quite some time, making it important to monitor your home for leaks or dampness.
- Wet rooms (i.e., kitchens, laundry rooms, bathrooms, utility rooms, mud rooms). These areas in your home have a lot of piping and can often have wood rot because of issues with your plumbing.
- Damaged roofs. If roof shingles are missing or damaged, water can trickle in, leading to wood rot on your roof and possibly in your attic framing.
There are various steps you can take to prevent wood rot and keep the wood in your home dry.
Here are a few ways you can eliminate and prevent moisture from affecting your home’s wood:
- Clean your gutters at least twice a year to avoid blockages that cause water to affect the side of your home.
- Consider adding awnings above entryways.
- Eliminate standing water from your deck and around your home.
- Replace old caulk that has hardened or is damaged.
- Seal gaps and cracks around your doors and windows.
- Use a dehumidifier (if needed) in your basement or other humid rooms.
- Use your exhaust fan in bathrooms and kitchens to eliminate steam and humidity.
Even if you take steps to prevent wood moisture, you may still notice some of the following signs of dry rot:
- Uneven floors
- Mold growth
- Decaying appearance
- Unpleasant odors in or throughout your home
- Spongey or soft surfaces
- Darkened or discolored wood
- Shrinking or warping
As soon as you notice signs of wood rot, you should contact our El Dorado Hills dry repair technicians. Not only is it better to address the problem quickly to prevent further rot but the sooner we address the problem, fewer wood surfaces will be negatively impacted.
If you book a service with our team, we can locate the moisture source, remove, replace, and disinfect the affected areas, and help you develop a plan to prevent future wood/dry rot issues.
El Dorado Hills Deck Siding Repair Services
Siding not only protects your home from pests and the elements but also is integral to your curb appeal and home aesthetics. With proper maintenance, siding can last between 20 and 40 years. Whether you need new siding or siding repair, Good Life Construction craftsmen can help you. We can work with aluminum, vinyl, stone, fiberglass, or other types of siding, and we are committed to using durable, quality materials.
Deck Installation & Repair Services in El Dorado Hills
An outdoor deck can be an amazing addition to a home; they not only increase your living space and property value but also create another area where you can relax and entertain. Our team specializes in building custom decks and deck repairs. Whether you need help building or repairing a patio, backyard deck, vinyl deck, redwood deck, composite deck, or waterproof deck, our craftsmen are prepared and equipped to help you.
Schedule a Service Today
Since 2009, Good Life Construction has dedicated itself to helping you address your construction needs. High-quality services are what our team is known for, so you can trust our technicians to get the job done efficiently and excellently. We treat your home as if it were our own. We also ensure to provide the best service possible, staying up to date with technological advances and changes in best practices concerning building and repair techniques.
Once you schedule a service, you can expect regular communication and updates from our craftsmen. Even after we complete your project, we can answer any questions you may have and help educate you on proper maintenance and the next steps. You can also trust our team to stay within budget to complete the project.
Whatever your construction needs may be, we would love to help you. Contact Good Life Construction today to get started and book a service. Call (916) 884-6132.
Dmitriy T. Owner
Alex T. Owner
Andrey T. CEO
Aja B. VP of Finance & Administration
Mike L. Operations Manager
Alex H. Project Manager