According to statistics, the bathroom is in second place after the kitchen in the list of rooms that homeowners most often renovate. The bathroom is the most popular place in your home, so it is not strange that making repairs in the house often starts there. Also, if you are preparing your home for sale, then renovating the bathroom can play a big role in getting you a good deal.
In this article, we will take a look at how much you can spend for your remodel and why prices can vary so much.
What is the average cost of remodeling a bathroom
Before you start answering the question "What is a good budget for a bathroom renovation" you must decide how global your renovation will be and what exactly you want to replace. Just to update the furniture will cost much less than to completely change the interior, walls and floors. On average, Good Life Construction estimates the price for a bathroom remodel to be $12,000 but can range between $8,000 and $20,000.
What determines the cost of a bathroom remodel
Several factors affect the final price of your bathroom renovation: the size of your bathroom, special designs, furniture price, material quality and values, contractor costs and so on… And of course if you do it yourself the price will definitely be lower.
How much does bathroom renovation cost
As we said before, it is impossible to answer exactly how much it will cost to renovate your bathroom. The price for each project is different and can vary depending on what you want. If you want to know exactly how much you need to spend on your renovation, contact Good Life Construction and our team will give you a free estimate on your bathroom renovation. Usually the price starts from $6.000 and can go up indefinitely.
and another important question that arises in preparation for the repair is:
How to choose a bathroom remodel contractor?
- Make a list of companies. You can find out from friends or the easiest way to view companies is google or yelp search.
- Check reviews. It is important to pay attention not only to the number of reviews, but also for how long they were left. If the reviews have replies from the company, this indicates that it is important for the company to always stay in touch with its customers for their convenience.
- Check out the photos of completed work. Make sure you like the style and quality.
- Make sure the company has a license to operate.
- Check what kind of warranty the company provides.
- Before making the final decision on the contractor to perform your remodel, make sure you get at least 3 estimates so that you can compare each company. Most companies should provide free estimates on repairs and remodeling, so this will not be a difficult task. At Good Life Construction, we always provide free estimates for bathroom remodeling and home improvement projects.