Easy and Affordable Ways to Boost Your Home’s Curb Appeal
When it comes to your home, curb appeal is everything! Not only does your home’s outer appearance set an impression for neighbors and visitors, but it can easily boost the value of your home. Luckily, upgrading your home’s curb appeal does not have to be an expensive upgrade.
Regardless of your home size and style, there are many ways you can spice up your home’s exterior on a budget. If you decide to improve your home, take some time to examine your home’s current condition and what you think will look best with it.
Here are some easy ways to enhance the curb appeal of your home without breaking the bank.
Enhance Your Entrance
- Paint the Front Door: Add some color to your home with a fresh coat of paint that matches your home. This easy DIY home improvement project is an easy way to make a bright, beautiful and bold statement all with the entrance of your home.
- Colorful Accent Rugs: Create a vibrant and inviting entrance with a rug underfoot. Rugs are another easy way to bring color and softness to a front porch or patio.
- Creative Door Handle: Capture the attention of your guests with a chic handle to compliment the design of your front door. With a wide range of styles and prices, a new door handle adds the perfect finishing touch for your entry.
- Decorate with Outdoor Furniture: Personalize your outdoor space with relaxing and comfortable furniture pieces. With options ranging from simple outdoor chairs to porch swings, you can style your porch however you like! If you are a fixer upper that enjoys revamping old furniture pieces, visit your local thrift store for some furniture ideas.
Touch Up Your Landscape
- Trim Grass & Bushes: Take a weekend off to improve your curb appeal by simply trimming your front lawn and any bushes. With the help of easy soil treatments, you can guarantee your grass will have the nutrients it needs to thrive and fight off weeds. Proper care and treatment for your grass and bushes increases visibility of your beautiful home and keeps a crisp, clean look.
- Tend to Your Garden Beds: For many homes, garden beds often reflect the maintenance of the home’s landscape. It can be easy to neglect garden beds but if it is left for too long it creates an eyesore for some. Spend some time weeding out your plant beds and clearing out any other debris. Adding some mulch to cover the area helps minimize weeds and maintains a fresh appearance for your garden area.
- Brighten Up Your Flowers/Plants: There’s no better way to liven up the curb appeal of your home than with colorful flowers! This natural touch of color can easily update the exterior of any yard but with the endless variety of flowers available, choosing one can be difficult for some. When choosing flowers, consider the climate of your city or try planting some annual flowers such as pansies.
- Plant a Tree: If you have extra space and want an easy filler for your yard, plant a tree or two! Whether you plan to put your house on the market in the future or not, there are plenty of tree options or small ornamental trees that are fast-growing.
Other Easy Revamps
- Brighten Your Pathways: Boost your curb appeal by adding some light fixtures along the pathways of your lawn. These quick and easy light touches provide unique lighting effects and increases the visibility and safety of your home at night.
- Upgrade Basic Concrete: Revive your plain concrete walkway with a few steps for a simple DIY home improvement project. Add a nice character to your walkway with a colorful concrete stain or a traditional brick edging.
- Restore an Asphalt Driveway: It is easy to overlook your driveway and all the flaws that it bears overtime. Keep your driveway looking fresh and new by patching and sealing the surface. For any holes or cracks, simply apply some asphalt patch.
- Power Wash Exterior Surfaces: Take some time to refresh your home’s exterior with an easy power wash. This is also one of the easiest and quickest ways to update your exterior. Before you begin washing, make sure your exterior surfaces are safe to powerwash like wood, vinyl siding and aluminum. Check with your local home improvement/hardware store for power washers available for rent if you don’t own one yourself.
For more tips on how to spice up your curb appeal on a budget or to learn more information on easy maintenance practices for your home, visit our website at www.GoodLifeConstruction.com. If you are interested in upgrading your home’s exterior, call us today at (916) 833-1379 to schedule a consultation.